A History Driven By Excellence In 1913, B. F. Leaman saw a need in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania for the timely delivery of both lime and milk. Working with his son, Clair, the two formed a small trucking company to help meet this need. By 1930, they were successful enough to purchase Mileage Motor Corporation, and began hauling fuel oil in addition to the lime and milk that had formed the basis of their business. In 1933, the Leaman Transportation Company was formed. In 1938, Pat Torhorst and Lee Barney founded another trucking company in Wheatland, Illinois with a focus on hauling milk in the Chicago area, they named that company Quality Carriers. In 1961, the Leaman Transportation Company merged the two Leaman companies with Chemical Tank Lines, forming Chemical Leaman Tank Lines, Inc. In 1965, shortly after Chemical Leaman was formed, Buzz Babbit purchased operating authority of Denver-based carrier J.B. Montgomery, these two companies figure prominently in what would one day become Quality Distribution. In 1998 Chemical Leaman and Montgomery Tank Lines combined, bringing together the industry's largest asset base and most complete service offering. This started an integration effort that culminated in 1999 when the two companies announced the formation of Quality Distribution, Inc., as the parent company and re-established the name of Quality Carriers for its first subsidiary. In 2003, QDI completed its NASDAQ Initial Public Offering (IPO) in November of that year, selling 7,875,000 shares at $17.00 per share, trading under the symbol QLTY. Though much has changed within our industry since our company’s founding in 1913, through QDI's history we are proud to say we continue operating under the same values of honesty, integrity and a respect for the safety of everyone connected with our operations espoused by the original founder, B. F. Leaman, all those years ago. To find out more about working with QDI, please call 800-282-2031. Quality Distribution. Driven By Excellence.